We are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information, and understand you care about how your information is collected and used.
2. What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information where relevant so that we can provide you with access to information or other services, including ensuring that we are able to perform our services to you.
We may collect personal information from you in the course of your interactions with us, or your use of our website and services (including purchasing our services). We may collect personal information for related purposes, but only if you reasonably expect us to, or consent to us doing so.
The nature of the personal information we collect and hold will vary depending on how you interact with us. In this regard we may collect information including, but not limited to:
- your name and other contact details (e.g. address, email address, phone number);
- credit card and other payment information (if purchasing our services);
- Data, performance logs, video and photo records and log files related to or stemming from our provision of products and services to you;
- Motor vehicle details (e.g. registration details, owner details, etc); and
- Documents and other such written information that you provide to us.
We may collect personal information for related purposes, but only if you reasonably expect us to, or consent to us doing so.
Please note that you are under no obligation to provide your personal information to us. However, without certain information from you, we may not be able to provide our products and/or services to you either in entirety or partially.
3. How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- through completed forms you provide us in various formats (such as through our websites);
- phone and email;
- our websites generally (such as through cookies);
- data, logs and other recordings that our products or services to you collect as part of their operation;
- through the entity you represent or are a part of or are otherwise involved with, where necessary for us to provide our products and/or services to that entity or to/through you;
- a publicly maintained record or other publicly available source of information including social media and websites;
- an existing or potential customer or supplier where they provide your details business purposes.
To help us make emails more productive to improve service, we may send you newsletters of our services activities and notifications of changes to our policies. If you do not want to receive emails from us, please let us know.
Please note we are not responsible for any links to third-party websites, the content of those third-party websites or the practices of those third-parties.
4. How do we use or disclose personal information?
We use and disclose personal information to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected or for related purposes.
Generally speaking, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- Providing products and services including the manufacture, supply and installation of mechanical car stackers, other parking solutions and normal residential lifts;
- Providing products and services for the investigation, maintenance or otherwise dealing with of mechanical car stackers, other parking solutions and normal residential lifts;
- Identify and liaise with you as a customer, supplier or any other entity with which we have, or intend to have, a commercial relationship, about your personal or business-related requirements and solutions;
- Assessing whether we will buy products or services from, sell products or service to, or otherwise enter into a commercial relationship with a particularly entity;
- Accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- Identifying and informing you of products and services from us or related third parties that may be of interest to you;
- Purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect us to do so in the circumstances;
- Where you have consented to the use and disclosure; and
- Where we are required by law to make such disclosures.
5. How do we manage and secure personal information?
We have in place steps to protect the security of your personal information. Although we take all necessary steps to protect your personal information, the internet is subject to security threats (such as hacking). Accordingly, we provide no warranty and cannot ensure the security of any information which you provide to us. Any information which you provide to us is at your own risk.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we require it for our purposes or as permitted or required by the Privacy Law. When we no longer require it, we will take all necessary steps to permanently delete, destroy or de-identify it.
The personal information is stored on our secure cloud-based system, such as Dropbox and Google based systems.
We may disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients when we use ‘cloud’ service providers, who may store and process Personal Information outside Australia.
6. How long do we store personal information for?
The personal information and data that we collect will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of their collection.
7. Notifiable Data Breaches
If a suspected data breach occurs, we will determine the extent of the breach. A data breach may occur if your personal information is lost or subjected to unauthorised access or disclosure.
If we believe that the suspected data breach is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will notify you and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable and as required by the Privacy Law. This notification will set out a description of the data breach, the kinds of information concerned, and recommendations about the steps you should take in response to the data breach.
8. How can you access or correct your personal information?
We will give you access to a broad range of information about your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating your personal information. Please advise us of changes to your contact details or other personal information.
We take reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure that personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, current, complete and relevant. Under the Privacy Law, you have the right to obtain access to any personal information which we hold about you, and to advise of any inaccuracy, if it is out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Privacy Law.
If you request access to or correction of personal information, we will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying your application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any personal information requested. If we agree to correct the personal information, we will do it as soon as practicable and if there is a delay, we will advise you in writing.
To make a request to access or update any of personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
9. What can you do if you have a question or complaint?
If you would like further information about the way we manage Personal Information, or wish to complain, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details above and we will investigate the issue. We will notify you of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as practicable after it has been made.
You can also obtain further information regarding compliance with the Privacy Law at www.privacy.gov.au
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
10. Acknowledgement and consent